MUSC Innovation Center
The SCRA MUSC Innovation Center is a state-of-the-art research and business facility with lab spaces designed to support medical and bioscience research.
Shared equipment such as sub-zero freezers, distilled water through the sinks, washing machines for lab equipment and drying racks for flasks are available to tenants. Other amenities include a shared lobby area with a receptionist, large meeting facilities, ample free parking and a break room with vending machines.
The location along the corridor into Charleston’s historic district offers easy access to I-26, the Charleston International Airport and Mt. Pleasant. This secure facility has card reader entrances and a police substation on site.
This historic building was renovated in 2010, earning an 'Excellence in Construction' award from the Associated Builders and Contractors of the Carolinas.
- Base building – 28,400 sq. ft.
- 11 wet labs equipped with case works
- Secure lab area accessible by card key
- Common shared lab area
- Sub-zero freezers
- Distilled water
- Shared dark room
- Labs range in size from 600 sq. ft. to 1200 sq. ft.
- 10 separate enclosed offices available in the lab area
- Fully vented labs
- Fire protection
- Parking provided
- Common reception area
- Common meeting rooms provided
- Network access
- Administrative office assistance available
- Flexible modular office configurations
- 24 X 7 security monitoring
- Police substation on site
- Business, legal & financial planning assistance on site